I thought it might be nice to make a place on this blog where you could easily reference my current regimen of vitamins, herbs, cycle charting and anything else that I have been using to get pregnant. I am placing links for your convenience–none of these are affiliate links.
- Prenatal Vitamin (Nature’s Best maybe? I bought it at Costco)– 1/day in evening
- Vitex— 3 capsules per day (000 size capsules)
- Vitamin D (Kirkland brand)– 6000 IU daily
- Vitamin B6— 50 mg daily
- Easy@Home OPK Test Strips
- I test with OPK’s beginning around the 12th day of my cycle
- Baby Dust Delivery — The ONLY reputable place we found
I will try to get a blog post up about our experience with different sperm shipping kits up to explain in more detail. If you don’t see one and are curious leave a comment as a gentle nudge
Known Donor Sites
- Known Donor Registry— Probably the most well-known site for finding a known donor. I think it has some shortcomings but provides a much-needed service nonetheless. It’s also completely free.
- Coparents.com— This site is where we found our donor though he also had a profile up at KDR. We found this site to be easier to navigate and I felt less on-guard that we would be bombarded by NI requests (natural insemination– aka SEX with the donor. Eww). This site is free to browse through the donors but you pay a monthly fee to message them. We only paid a one month fee so that we could introduce ourselves to the donor and arrange more in-depth conversation off-platform.
I swear I’m not a Reddit shill but I have found Reddit to be the best place for information and support these last few months. I read in these subreddits the most, but there are many other TTC-related subreddits and websites out there:
- Trying for a Baby Subreddit — I’ve found this subreddit to be a wealth of information for issues related to TTC. This sub is not well-versed in subjects relating to assisted reproduction techniques (ART– IUI, IVF, At-home insemination) but there are LGBT members and the forum is generally a supportive helpful place regardless of gender/ orientation. This is the place to go to ask general questions about temping, cycles, OPK’s, pregnancy tests, supplements, etc
- Infertility Subreddit — This forum is specifically for folks undergoing fertility treatment. There are quite a few LGBT members. This subreddit has the most information relating to fertility interventions but be sure to read the forum rules carefully– most members have been trying for extended periods of time and the forum has strict rules to make it an inclusive and safe space.